#RPGaDay: Which RPG have you owned the longest but not played?

I thought this was going to be a tricky one, because a long time ago, while we were still playing 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, there was a period where I bought a bunch of games just to see what was up.

The list included but was not limited to: CthulhuTech, Legends of Anglerre, Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition), Dark Heresy, Black CrusadeThe Dying Earth, and I'd even given money to Pelgrane Press for something like-but-not-quite a Kickstarter for 13th Age.

Now I was just going to throw my hands up and say "one of these" and call it good, but then I remembered that before all of that, way back when 4E D&D was announced to simultaneous excitement, curiosity, disinterest, and nerd-rage, I'd purchased Star Wars: Saga Edition (pretty much because I'd heard that some of its rules were used to some degree in 4th Edition, and I wanted to get an idea as to what to expect).

I actually lent it to someone I used to game with. He moved and I honestly forgot about it because I'm just not that interested in Star Wars, but then he got in touch with me five or so years ago and gave it back, and it now sits on my bookshelf gathering dust: it'll probably still be a valid answer the next time this question shows up on RPGaDay.

Announcements
It look a lot longer than expected, but we finally released The Jinni. As with our other monstrous classes, this one is more faithful to the mythology (so don't go in expecting elemental-themed jinn).

After putting it to a vote, the next couple of classes on the docket are the warden (think 4E D&D warden) and apothecary (gotta go see what they're all about).

Dwarven Vault is our sixth 10+ Treasures volume. If you're interested in thirty dwarven magic items (including an eye that lets you shoot lasers) and nearly a dozen new bits of dungeon gear, check it out!

Just released our second adventure for A Sundered World, The Golden Spiral. If a snail-themed dungeon crawl is your oddly-specific thing, check it out!

By fan demand, we've mashed all of our 10+ Treasure volumes into one big magic item book, making it cheaper and more convenient to buy in print (which you can now do).

No comments

Powered by Blogger.